NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Disney's (DIS) quarter had a happy ending, thanks in part to the success of its latest animated princess musical Frozen. And investors on StockTwits.com were singing the stock's praises Tuesday night. Disney closed at $81.03 last night.
The company reported after the close Tuesday. It posted second quarter earnings per share of $1.11, excluding non-recurring items. That was a 40% increase from the same period a year ago and easily beat consensus estimates of 95 cents. Revenue rose 10% to $11.65 billion. Wall Street had expected $11.2 billion, according to the Analyst Ratings Network. Disney shares edged half-a-percent higher in the after hours market following a brutal trading day that bathed the StockTwits' heat map in red. Investors called for shares to rise tomorrow after Tuesday's dust settled. Sentiment is 87% bullish, according to StockTwits analytics.
Just bought $DIS before earnings, which were great! Small rally after earnings but hold & watch. Slow and steady wins the race in this one! ? InItToWinIt (@InItToWinIt100) May. 6 at 04:44 PMDisney reported double-digit increases across all of its businesses and the highest quarterly earnings per share in company history -- as noted by Walt Disney Chairman Robert Iger in a statement.
$DIS Great beat with double digit growth across all segments. ALL segments. Now thats how you beat. Expect to see some upgrades near term. ? PurpleBison (@purplebison) May. 6 at 05:25 PM
@harmongreg I love the Mouse! Take your fundamentals- Add Star Wars- More Avengers, More Marvel and drumroll- The SEC Network/ESPN = 100+ ? BullsandBears (@bvbullsandbears) May. 6 at 05:03 PMA big growth driver was Frozen. Studio revenue jumped 35%, driven by higher unit sales of Frozen compared to Disney's prior animated title Wreck-It Ralph.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV