NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- SolarCity (SCTY) "truly did report a great quarter," TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said on CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment.
Cramer added that the company continues to make its move into the residential solar market, where it has tremendous opportunity.
Not only does SolarCity gain customers via the homeowner, but in some areas it is also able to sell excess electricity back to the utility company that originally supplied power to the home.
SolarCity and NRG Energy (NRG), two competitors, are "knocking the ball out of the park" in this regard, Cramer said excitedly.
Solar prices have come down quite a bit, and Cramer continues to like SolarCity and First Solar (FSLR), despite the high valuation of the stocks. "It's a great business," Cramer concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV