NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Walt Disney Company (DIS) has reached record profit levels in its second quarter, powered by the success of wildly-successful animated movie Frozen and superhero sequel Thor: The Dark World.
The largest global entertainment company earned $1.7 million over its March-ending quarter, 17% higher than $1.45 million a year earlier.
Net income of $1.11 a share marked the highest quarterly earnings per share in the company's history and exceeded estimates by 15 cents, according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV