Tesla was well on its way to approaching a market cap similar to that of General Motors (GM). Until shares find support, Tesla will need more time before eventually matching GM in its size on the stock market.
Do you think Tesla will survive increased competition? Use the links below to start your own research.
1. General Motors Company ( GM ): Operates as a global automaker. Market cap at $56.16B, most recent closing price at $34.75.
2. Toyota Motor Corporation ( TM ): Engages in the design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of passenger cars, minivans, and commercial vehicles. Market cap at $173.05B, most recent closing price at $109.44. 3. Tesla Motors, Inc. ( TSLA): Designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. Market cap at $26.46B, most recent closing price at $216.61. (Written by Chris Lau, a Kapitall Writer. All data sourced from Zacks Investment Research.)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts