LINCOLN, Neb., May 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- National Research Corporation (Nasdaq:NRCIA) (Nasdaq:NRCIB) today announced results for the first quarter of 2014.
- Net New Sales $3.3 million
- Total Contract Value $99.4 million
- Revenue up 5% to $26.0 million
- Net Income of $5.5 million, up 22%
Remarking on company performance, Michael D. Hays, chief executive officer of National Research said, "Even given our planned investment in Customer Connect and revenue at 98% of plan, the company's combined earnings per share grew 22%."
Revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, was $26.0 million, compared to $24.9 million for the same quarter in 2013. Net income for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, was $5.5 million, compared to $4.5 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. Diluted earnings per share increased to $0.13 for Class A shares and $0.77 for Class B shares for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, from diluted earnings per share of $0.11 for Class A shares and $0.64 for Class B shares for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. Combined diluted earnings per share (a non-GAAP measure) increased to $0.22 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, from $0.18 for the first quarter of 2013.Regarding first quarter performance, Kevin Karas, chief financial officer of National Research, said, "We achieved significant improvement in our net income margin, growing from 18% in the first quarter of 2013 to 21% in 2014. From a revenue standpoint, we continue to see strong double-digit growth in our Acute Care Patient Experience (14%), Market Insights (14%) and Connect (42%) offerings." A listen-only simulcast of the National Research 2014 first quarter conference call will be available online at http://www.media-server.com/m/p/nrcn5mas on May 7, 2014, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time. The online replay will follow approximately one hour later and continue for 30 days. For more than 33 years, National Research Corporation has been at the forefront of patient-centered care, helping healthcare providers measure and improve quality and services through analytics that offer a rich understanding of customers' experiences, preferences, risks and behaviors across the healthcare continuum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV