Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE:ETE) today reported financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
Distributable Cash Flow, as adjusted, for the three months ended March 31, 2014 was $199 million compared to $178 million for the three months ended March 31, 2013, an increase of $21 million. ETE’s net income attributable to partners was $168 million for the three months ended March 31, 2014 compared to $90 million for the three months ended March 31, 2013, an increase of $78 million.
The Partnership’s key accomplishments during or subsequent to the quarter include the following:
- In January, ETE completed a two-for-one split of its outstanding common units. All unit and per-unit amounts reported herein have been adjusted to give effect to the split.
- Effective January 1, 2014, ETE closed on its acquisition of Trunkline LNG Company, LLC (“Trunkline LNG”) from Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (“ETP”) in exchange for the redemption by ETP of 18.7 million ETP units held by ETE.
- ETE increased the capacity on its revolving credit facility to $1.2 billion through two steps, in February and May, in order to support its previously announced unit buyback program and to fund the purchase of $400 million of Regency common units in connection with Regency Energy Partners LP’s (“Regency”) pending Eagle Rock acquisition.
- In April, ETE amended its Senior Secured Term Loan Agreement to increase the aggregate principal amount to $1.4 billion and used the proceeds from this $400 million increase to repay borrowings under our revolving credit facility and for general partnership purposes.
- In April, ETE’s Board of Directors approved its sixth consecutive increase in its quarterly distribution to $0.35875 per unit ($1.435 annualized) on ETE Common Units for the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
- From January through April, ETE repurchased approximately $750 million of ETE common units under its buyback program.
- Trunkline LNG Export, LLC and Trunkline LNG filed an application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (the “FERC”), seeking authorization for its proposed new liquefaction facilities and modifications to Trunkline LNG’s existing terminal to facilitate the storage and subsequent export of LNG (the “Liquefaction Project”). In addition, Trunkline LNG filed an application with the FERC to convert Trunkline LNG’s existing regasification facilities from Section 7 (open access) to Section 3 status in conjunction with the Liquefaction Project. The FERC filings represent the culmination of significant front-end engineering design efforts for the Liquefaction Project and pre-filing consultations with the FERC and other federal, state and local agencies that have been underway since mid-2012. Approval of these applications is requested from the FERC by April 1, 2015.
The Partnership has scheduled a conference call for 8:30 a.m. Central Time, Wednesday, May 7, 2014 to discuss its first quarter 2014 results. The conference call will be broadcast live via an internet web cast, which can be accessed through www.energytransfer.com and will also be available for replay on the Partnership’s website for a limited time.The Partnership’s principal sources of cash flow are derived from distributions related to its direct and indirect investments in the limited and general partner interests in ETP and Regency, including 100% of ETP’s and Regency’s incentive distribution rights, ETP common units, Regency common units, ETP Class H Units, and the Partnership’s ownership of Trunkline LNG. The Partnership’s primary cash requirements are for general and administrative expenses, debt service requirements and distributions to its partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV