Trade-Ideas: Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- PXD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $224.8 million.
- PXD is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PXD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PXD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PXD: Pioneer Natural Resources Company operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company in the United States. The company produces and sells oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), and gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Pioneer Natural Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pioneer Natural Resources has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pioneer Natural has a market cap of $28.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.06 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pioneer Natural Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PXD's share price has jumped by 62.31%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although PXD had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 4842.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $28.83 million to -$1,367.47 million.
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV