NEWTON, Mass., May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) today announced it has made an exclusive offer to acquire lafourchette, an online restaurant booking platform with a network of more than 12,000 restaurant partners across Europe.
lafourchette is the leading online and mobile reservation platform for restaurants in France, Spain and Switzerland. The company also offers management software solutions helping restaurants to maximize online business by providing an effective and flexible booking, discount and data tool. Based in Paris, lafourchette operates the 'eltenedor' brand in Spanish and 'thefork' brand in English.
"We look forward to welcoming lafourchette to the TripAdvisor family," said Stephen Kaufer, president and CEO, TripAdvisor, Inc. "lafourchette has an unparalleled network across Europe and has developed strong relationships with its restaurant partners. As a global company, we look forward to strengthening the lafourchette brand and working together to enhance the TripAdvisor restaurant offering for users."
"This deal would allow us to tap into TripAdvisor's huge global scale to drive more diners into restaurants and investment capital to expand aggressively into new markets," said Bertrand Jelensperger, CEO, lafourchette.After closing, lafourchette and its employees will continue to operate from the company's existing European offices, with headquarters in Paris and Barcelona. The exclusive offer to acquire lafourchette, which has been majority owned by Otium Capital since 2009, has also been signed by the shareholders of lafourchette. The parties intend to finalize the transaction shortly after the legal and administrative requirements have been completed. The terms of the offer will not be disclosed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV