For the quarter ended March 31, 2014, GAAP net revenues were $1.11 billion, as compared with $1.32 billion for the first quarter of 2013.
On a non-GAAP basis, the company's net revenues were $772 million, as compared with $804 million for the first quarter of 2013.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ATVI's share price has jumped by 35.48%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ATVI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ATVI's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.71 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ATVI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.06 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC's earnings per share declined by 29.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC reported lower earnings of $0.95 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.28 versus $0.95).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ATVI Ratings Report