Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (NYSE:PCL) today announced a quarterly cash dividend of $0.44 per share. The dividend is payable on May 30, 2014, to shareholders of record as of May 16, 2014.
Plum Creek’s dividend is expected to be characterized as long-term capital gain income primarily because the income generated by the sale of Plum Creek’s timber is considered long-term capital gain. As such, Plum Creek’s dividend is expected to be taxed at a capital gain rate of 20 percent for most U.S. taxpayers.
Plum Creek is among the largest and most geographically diverse private landowners in the nation with approximately 6.7 million acres of timberlands in forest ecosystems across the northern and southeastern United States. We also operate wood products mills in the Northwest. As the company celebrates its 25
th anniversary as a publicly traded corporation, we continue to manage our working forests and lands using sustainable practices to benefit Plum Creek’s many stakeholders. Our talented employees work together to create shareholder value, serve as stewards of the environment, make wood products for everyday use, and build strong communities. Please visit
www.plumcreek.com for the latest information about Plum Creek.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV