PARSIPPANY, N.J., May 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) takes pride in emphasizing the value of diversity in all aspects of the Company's business. Avis Budget operates one of the nation's leading supplier diversity programs, which promotes opportunities for disadvantaged, minority, women-owned and small businesses, and continues to hold diversity as a high priority in recruiting and hiring. Recently, the Company and its executives were lauded for excellence in several aspects of diversity; these accolades include the following:
- Avis Budget Group was selected as one of "America's Top 50 Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities for 2014." Determined by the small business marketplace and presented by DiversityBusiness.com, the "Div50," as it is commonly referred to, is made up of highly respected organizations which have differentiated themselves in the global marketplace.
- Michael Tucker, executive vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer, was a featured honoree in the January/February 2014 issue of Profiles in Diversity Journal. The issue included a special section, "A Legacy of Leadership" which highlighted African-Americans who are trailblazers, mentors and role models.
- Lynn Boccio, vice president of strategic business and diversity relations, was named "Corporate Executive of the Year" by the Bridges Awards. The honor celebrates corporate executives, corporations, media companies, entrepreneurs, entertainers and current or former professional athletes who exemplify excellence in diversity and inclusion through entrepreneurship.
- Susan Pettit, senior procurement specialist, strategic business and diversity relations, was recognized as a "2014 Diversity Change Leader." Bestowed by Diversity Canada Magazine, the award honors professionals who best define excellence in bridging the cultural gaps in human resources or diversity.
"Avis Budget Group is dedicated to being a best-in-class Customer Led, Service Driven TM organization, and that involves embracing diversity throughout the Company so as to hire and retain the right talent, enhance our work environment, tap into new markets and better serve our customers," said Ronald L. Nelson, chairman and chief executive officer, Avis Budget Group. "I thank DiversityBusiness.com, Profiles in Diversity Journal, the Bridges Awards and Diversity Canada Magazine for recognizing the Company and my colleagues for our continued commitment to excellence."
About Avis Budget GroupAvis Budget Group, Inc. is a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, both through its Avis and Budget brands, which have more than 10,000 rental locations in approximately 175 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world's leading car sharing network, with more than 860,000 members. Avis Budget Group operates most of its car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia directly, and operates primarily through licensees in other parts of the world. Avis Budget Group has approximately 29,000 employees and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. More information is available at www.avisbudgetgroup.com .
CONTACT: Alice Pereira (973) 496-3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV