Janet Yellen Addresses Joint Economic Committee of Congress: Live Blog Recap
WASHINGTON ( TheStreet) -- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen addressed the Joint Economic Committee of Congress as she delivered the central bank's outlook for the U.S. economy.
The speech came amid the Fed's major pullback in its economic stimulus program and as the marketplace shifts its focus to when the central bank will raise its key interest rate.
This was Yellen's first testimony to the committee. The chair last appeared for a Congressional hearing in February to deliver a speech to the Senate Banking Committee.
TheStreet's Joe Deaux is in Washington, blogging live from the event.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV