NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Quantum Fuel Systems (QTWW) plummeted Tuesday after one of its main competitors, Hexagon Lincoln, teamed with one of its main customers, Agility Fuel Systems, for a joint venture.
Hexagon Lincoln, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hexagon Composites, announced it would join with Agility to supply compressed natural gas cylinders for fuel systems. Quantum named Hexagon as one of its chief competitors in the gaseous fuel storage market in its annual report.
Quantum also said in the report that much of its revenue comes from a few customers and will likely continue to do so in the future. Agility accounted for the greatest percentage of any customer listed in the report at 45% of Quantum's revenue last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock plummeted 42.25% to $3.65 at 2:14 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV