Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ: CLNE) today announced fueling and station construction agreements with multiple fleets representative of Clean Energy’s growing portfolio of natural gas fuel customers. New station construction, expanded use of existing stations as well as customized mobile fueling solutions will be used to support fleets in the heavy-duty trucking, transit and refuse market segments.
Clean Energy to Design and Engineer LNG Station to Fuel Deployment of Kroger’s First 40 Heavy-duty LNG Trucks
- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), America’s largest grocery retailer, announced plans to replace 40 diesel trucks based in Clackamas, Ore., with cleaner-burning natural gas trucks
- This LNG truck fleet deployment will serve Kroger’s Fred Meyer and QFC grocery chains in Oregon and Washington.
- Clean Energy’s Facility Modification team will engineer and implement the necessary modifications to bring Kroger’s four vehicle maintenance bays in Clackamas, Ore., into code compliance for natural gas vehicles.
“This is the first step in Kroger’s effort to transition our fleet to alternative fuels,” said Kevin Dougherty, Kroger’s group vice president and chief supply chain officer. “Converting to LNG trucks will allow us to reinvest savings into lower prices for our customers while also benefitting the environment.”UPS Continues Largest Deployment of Heavy-Duty Natural Gas Trucks in the United States with Additional LNG and CNG Trucks
- 10 additional LNG trucks will begin fueling at Clean Energy’s Jacksonville, Fla., station and are forecasted to consume approximately 246,000 DGEs of LNG annually.
- 5 additional heavy-duty CNG trucks will begin fueling at Clean Energy’s station in downtown Los Angeles, Calif. The trucks are forecasted to consume approximately 96,000 DGEs of CNG annually.
- Together these 15 heavy-duty natural gas trucks are forecasted to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by approximately 647 metric tons, the equivalent of removing 134 passenger cars from the road annually.
- Cardenas will deploy 15 heavy-duty CNG trucks in its private fleet; fueling throughout Clean Energy’s network in California and Nevada. Once fully-deployed, this fleet is expected to consume approximately 300,000 DGEs of CNG per year, the equivalent of reducing greenhouse gases by approximately 695 metric tons.
- Cardenas plans to convert its entire fleet of over 50 trucks to CNG in the coming years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV