NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "They actually had some good numbers," TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said in regards to King Digital Entertainment's (KING) earnings report, on CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment.
He added that the company even showed diversification from its Candy Crush Saga game. But it doesn't matter to investors, who are selling the stock down more than 12% Wednesday.
Cramer pointed out another company with a decent earnings report, but poor price action: FireEye (FEYE).
The company met earnings-per-share estimates, while exceeding analysts' estimates for revenue, yet the "stock is down very big," He said. Shares are down 25% on Wednesday and 65% over the past two months."This just feels very 2000-like," Cramer said of the price action in many newly issued, momentum stocks. No matter what the companies do, "nobody wants" to buy the stock, he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV