NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said two hot places for growth in the U.S. right now are the Permian basin in Texas and the Eagle Ford shale.
The two companies that have the most exposure to these areas are Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) and EOG Resources (EOG).
Due to horizontal drilling and fracking in the Permian basin, many investors are starting to agree with Scott Sheffield, CEO of Pioneer Natural Resources, that the Permian may indeed be the second largest oil field in the world, Cramer said.
"Boy, this is booming!" Cramer exclaimed, in regard to the Permian basin and the Eagle Ford shale.-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV