3 Stocks Raising The Health Services Industry Higher
2. As of noon trading, Medtronic ( MDT) is up $0.54 (0.9%) to $59.60 on light volume. Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $58.90-$59.61 after having opened the day at $59.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.05. Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. Medtronic has a market cap of $58.8 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 7 analysts who rate Medtronic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Medtronic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Medtronic Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts