The water infrastructure in New Jersey needs continuing investment, regardless of who owns it. That was the message William M. Varley, president of the state’s largest investor-owned water and wastewater utility delivered to attendees at the New Jersey Conference of Mayors’ 21 st Annual Spring Conference in Atlantic City.
“Whether you are served by New Jersey American Water or not, I think that we can all agree our water and wastewater infrastructure is critical to our shared economic vitality and survival,” Varley said. “And that requires dedicating the necessary capital resources to constantly maintain and renew it as it ages.”
Varley told the assembled mayors that New Jersey American Water has invested more than $225 million a year on capital projects designed to replace or renew infrastructure that has reached the end of its useful life. “Many of the mayors in this room who receive our service have probably noticed this capital investment through the increase in infrastructure projects in your towns,” said Varley.
The company provides water service to 188 municipalities in 18 of New Jersey’s 21 counties.New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV