NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of AerCap Holdings NV (AER) are up 4.31% to $45.48 after the aviation company announced first quarter 2014 adjusted net income was $79.9 million, compared with $68.0 million for the same period in 2013.
First quarter 2014 adjusted earnings per share were 70 cents, compared with 60 cents for the same period in 2013.
Total revenue for the quarter was $264.8 million versus $245.8 million a year ago, an 8% increase.
First quarter 2014 reported net income was $54.7 million, compared with $67.5 million for the same period in 2013.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- AER's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 533.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 170.74% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for AERCAP HOLDINGS NV is currently very high, coming in at 94.19%. Regardless of AER's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AER's net profit margin of 24.61% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, AERCAP HOLDINGS NV's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.57 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AER Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV