NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Look out banks, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is watching you very carefully.
The U.S Justice Department, currently investigating foreign financial institutions, is ready to go after any bank -- even those that may be "too big to fail" -- that breaks the law, Holder said in a video posted on the Justice Department's Web site.
Holder did not name any banks but there is speculation federal prosecutors are pushing BNP Paribas and Credit Suisse (CS) to plead guilty to criminal charges to resolve separate investigations, Reuters reported.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV