SPEEDO USA, a division of PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH), announced today that the TriClops , the brand’s cutting-edge new pack designed specifically for triathlon, has been selected as a winner in the prestigious Red Dot Award: Product Design 2014 competition.
Built with innovative features to manage all the tools a triathlete needs to perform and to keep gear for the swim, the bike and the run easily and efficiently accessible, the TriClops impressed the 40-member expert panel for the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2014 with its high design quality and “optimal organization of gear paired with high comfort and practical detail.”
Red Dot’s internationally recognized Product Design competition began in 1954 and has grown to become one of the world’s largest and most distinguished competitions honoring excellence and innovation in product design. Experts on this year’s Red Dot jury discussed and evaluated a record 4,815 entries from 53 countries. Only designs that won over the jury with quality and innovative strength – including the TriClops – were awarded the coveted Red Dot quality seal.
The TriClops and its fellow award winners will be on display in the Red Dot Design Museum in Essen Germany, in a bound exhibition catalog, and in their online multi-media exhibition; the awards will formally be presented at a gala event in Essen, Germany, on July 7, 2014.“We are honored that the TriClops and SPEEDO USA have been recognized with the Red Dot award for our innovation and excellence in functional industrial design,” said Barry McGeough, SPEEDO USA’s Vice President of Hardgoods. “Throughout its 85 year history, the Speedo brand has been known for innovation in swimming and aquatic sports gear and we designed the Triclops with the features and high-performance technology that every triathlete needs – and that is expected from Speedo.” Made with durable Nylon 100D Cordura Ripstop and YKK® zippers, the TriClops is lightweight, strong and durable, and equipped with:
- SPEEDO USA’s unique three headed zip system, which allows the pack to be opened into an organized relay station without the need to remove the helmet
- Internal organization with dedicated pockets for running and cycling footwear
- Expandable zip-out drainage pocket to hold wet or dry wetsuit or swim gear
- Top pocket with fleece lining to protect sunglasses or swim goggles
- 360° reflective piping to provide excellent visibility in low light/night environments
- Built-in room for hydration and a dedicated ambidextrous hydration port
- A Speedo Dirt Bag to keep dirty or wet gear separated from clean, dry garments
- Soft hip belts made to conform to the wearer for an individual fit to keep pack in place
- Ergonomic 3D molded shoulder straps and Turbo Vent system, allowing for maximum air flow and back support, providing comfort and breathability between the bag and the athlete
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts