GE Transportation (NYSE: GE), a global provider of innovative rail products and services, today announced that Inbound Logistics magazine has selected it as one of the 2014 Top 100 Logistics Technology Companies for the ninth consecutive year.
“GE Transportation has consistently been named a top logistics technology provider for offering customizable and connected enterprise solutions to satisfy our readers’ needs. Their innovative software solutions deliver customer value and productivity by improving asset, operations and network performance,” explained Felecia Stratton, editor of Inbound Logistics.
GE Transportation provides software and solutions that drive automation, reduce operating costs, and optimize networks and operations. Software as a Service and licensed offerings provide solutions across the entire transportation network for railroads, shippers, intermodal terminals, and repair shops.
- Railroad transportation management, revenue management, and car hire accounting
- Rail network optimization and yard planning
- Intermodal terminal operations
- Wayside asset management, tests, inspections, and compliance reporting
- Railcar maintenance management and repair
- Rail supply chain visibility, execution, and planning
“It is an honor to be recognized as a top logistics technology provider,” said Peter Thomas, RailConnect™ 360 Commercial Leader. “GE has made a $1 billion investment on software development to produce technology for the Industrial Internet. This allows us to deliver new, enhanced offerings to the industrial rail transportation industry, RailConnect™ 360. RailConnect™ 360 gives our customers technologies that utilize big data analytics to give real-time access to critical information so freight moves faster and more intelligently.”Annually, Inbound Logistics recognizes top logistics technology companies that support and help deliver logistics excellence by providing best-in-class software offerings. GE Transportation At GE Transportation, we’re in the business of realizing potential. We’re a global technology leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It’s the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of innovation and technology, where we continue to realize new potential and keep our connected world moving forward. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV