Things that make you go hmm...
PLUG's management continues to talk about dramatically boosting revenue in 2014 and expanding into Asia through an alliance (non-binding MOU) with Hyundai Hysco, a supplier to Hyundai Motor. Shareholders will want to learn more details about that new relationship and how PLUG plans to grow globally. At the same time, the company needs to boost its sales force in order to keep up with rapid expansion. That should cause SG&A to ramp up in coming quarters.
At the end of the day, management needs to show Wall Street this company is built on rock, not sand. If they can, shares of PLUG will power portfolios again. Keep in mind CEO Andy Marsh has stated emphatically his company will break even on earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization in 2014, so he must deliver on that or the recent stock selloff will be even more tumultuous.
John Licata, Chief Energy Strategist of Blue Phoenix, does not own shares in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @bluephoenixinc This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff. >>Read more: American Airlines Merger Pleases One Union Group: The Flight Attendants
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV