LAS VEGAS, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM at EMC WORLD
- Today, EMC announced availability of EMC InfoArchive delivering a unified enterprise archive platform
- Customers leverage EMC InfoArchive for IT optimization, cost reduction, and information governance
- EMC InfoArchive helps manage application sprawl, reduces complexity and risk as customers transition to the 3 rd Platform of IT
CONNECT WITH US AT EMC WORLD:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2014 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit http://www.emcworld.com/virtual
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp , and @EMCCloud, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with 'EMC World'
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
FULL STORY:At MOMENTUM, EMC World 2014, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced general availability of EMC® InfoArchive, an application agnostic archive product suite that preserves the value of enterprise information while helping customers accelerate their journey to 3rd Platform of IT.. InfoArchive is based on open standards, enabling customers to address large volumes of structured data, unstructured content, print streams, and xml – from a multitude of applications – at scale across the enterprise. As the cloud, social, mobile and Big Data mega trends continue unabated, organizations in all industries, and of all sizes, are developing next-generation applications and better harnessing Big Data analytics to transform business. At the same time, customers face significant budgetary challenges as they move to the 3 rd Platform while most of their existing resources are tied up maintaining 2 nd Platform investments. With InfoArchive, customers can rationalize their application environment and decommission legacy applications to deliver significant savings and free up budget to move to the 3 rd Platform. The information within these legacy applications can be archived and available for retrieval as necessary for compliance reasons. InfoArchive Technology Highlights:
- Active archiving enables content and data to be archived periodically from applications that are still being actively used within the enterprise. This reduces storage, backup and infrastructure costs and improves application performance. Archived information is managed in accordance with current compliance regulations and remains accessible to users of any business application.
- Application decommissioning reduces costs associated with managing legacy applications and operating environments by extracting application data, managing it against current compliance policies and ensuring access to support business reporting, discovery and audit.
- Reduce the risk of long term information retention associated with regulatory and policy compliance within a single consolidated archive
- Improve application performance and reduce data center costs by archiving high-volume static information
- Eliminate the overhead of legacy and duplicate applications while retaining valuable information in an easily accessible unified archive
- Reduce costs associated with the management of unstructured content, structured data and hybrid information records.
- Learn more about EMC InfoArchive
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm14 conversation on Twitter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts