- Mvera™ B5011: This certified compostable film grade resin from Metabolix is designed as a transparent option for the compostable film and bag market. Mvera B5011 provides excellent clarity and low haze, as well as performance characteristics such as tear and puncture toughness, excellent seal strength, and a balance of strength and stiffness. Mvera B5011 combines easy processability with certified compostability to deliver unique advantages for packaging applications.
- Mvera™ B5010: This film grade resin from Metabolix is designed for compostable bag and film markets across the globe. It meets international industrial standards for compostability and has been certified by Vincotte to meet the EN13432 standard. The resulting film has exceptional seal strength and good printability, making it an ideal option for compostable packaging.
- Performance Additives: Metabolix has developed a line of PHA biopolymer performance additives for traditional and biobased plastics, including PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and PLA (polylactic acid). In packaging applications, Metabolix's performance additives can be used as property modifiers to impart a range of physical and performance properties in PVC and PLA.
- Color Masterbatches: Metabolix biopolymer color masterbatches are highly compatible with a wide range of biopolymers, and can preserve high bio-content and certifiable compostability for broad end-of-life options, including soil and marine degradability and suitability for home compost. Metabolix will display its color masterbatches based on PHA in cooperation with AF-Color.
- Metabolix Developmental Grades in Film and PHA Latex Coatings: Metabolix will be featuring developmental film grades that enable creation of film products with a range of properties and capabilities. For example, Metabolix will display films that can range from flexible to stiff while maintaining high load carrying capabilities. Metabolix's PHA biopolymers also provide the benefit of biocontent, toughening, and flexibilization to film compounds used in packaging applications.
- Metabolix also is developing PHA latex coatings for packaging applications. These PHA latex coatings are expected to offer good barrier properties and tough, tack-free performance. Metabolix's PHA patex coatings are biodegradable in marine and soil environments, as well as by anerobic digestion, while maintaining compatibility with repulping, the most common recycling method used for paper and cardboard.
Metabolix To Highlight High Performance Biopolymers For Packaging Applications At Interpack 2014
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts