Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) Off To A Strong Start In Pre-Market Activity
- TEVA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $362.9 million.
- TEVA traded 14,915 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:41 AM.
- TEVA is up 2.5% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TEVA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TEVA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TEVA: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, sells, and distributes pharmaceutical products worldwide. The company offers generic pharmaceutical products; and basic chemicals, as well as specialized product families. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. TEVA has a PE ratio of 33.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Teva Pharmaceutical Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries has been 7.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Teva has a market cap of $47.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 24.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Teva Pharmaceutical Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TEVA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.51, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TEVA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.54, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 33.77% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS reported lower earnings of $1.50 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.63 versus $1.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Pharmaceuticals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 18.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $630.00 million to $744.00 million.
- You can view the full Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts