NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Credit Suisse upgraded Charles Schwab (SCHW) to "outperform" from "neutral" and set a $32 price target. The firm also increased its estimates, as the company will likely return more cash to investors.
The stock closed at $26.58 on Monday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.78 versus $0.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.78).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 58.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $206.00 million to $326.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 60.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 63.97% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SCHW Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts