DENVER, May 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PDC Energy, Inc. ("PDC", the "Company," "we" or "us") (Nasdaq:PDCE) today reported its 2014 first quarter financial and operating results from continuing operations.
2014 First Quarter Highlights Compared to First Quarter 2013
- Increased production 44% to 26,700 barrels of oil equivalent per day ("Boe/d").
- Increased crude oil and NGLs production 57% to 15,800 Boe/d.
- Increased crude oil, natural gas and NGLs sales revenues by 63% to $130 million.
- Reduced total production costs by 7% per Boe.
James Trimble, Chief Executive Officer and President, commented, "First quarter production growth was strong despite some winter weather challenges in Wattenberg. We are pleased with our initial results from our two Garvin offset wells in the Utica Shale and with our ability to add 6,000 more net acres to our Utica leasehold. We expect strong production growth of 28% to 35% in 2014 compared to 2013 despite normal declines from our Marcellus joint venture assets where we are not currently drilling. We expect to add a fifth drilling rig in Wattenberg this month with a production contribution expected later in 2014. We also plan to add a second drilling rig in the Utica during the second half of the year, as we continue to accelerate the development of our high-return, liquid-rich assets."Financial Results Net loss for the first quarter of 2014 was $2.1 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $39.4 million, or $1.30 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2013. Adjusted net income, a non-U.S. GAAP financial measure defined below, was $9.6 million for the first quarter of 2014, compared to an adjusted net loss of $20.4 million for the comparable period of 2013. Net cash from operating activities was $80.5 million in the first quarter of 2014, compared to net cash from operating activities of $44.3 million in the first quarter of 2013. Adjusted cash flows from operations, a non-U.S. GAAP financial measure defined below, increased 33% to $69.7 million in the first quarter of 2014, compared to $52.4 million in the comparable period of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV