PALO ALTO, Calif. and WALLDORF, Germany, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To empower customers to innovate, simplify and move toward a software-defined data center architecture, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) and VMware (NYSE: VMW) today announced that the SAP HANA® platform on VMware vSphere® 5.5 for production use has been released to customers. By combining the power of SAP HANA with VMware vSphere 5.5, a foundational component of VMware vCloud® Suite, customers can innovate and simplify their data centers by achieving faster time-to-value, higher service levels and lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
"SAP HANA has led the market as the real-time enterprise platform by driving IT simplicity and by enabling breakthrough innovations for business," said Bernd Leukert, member of the Executive Board of SAP AG. "Together with VMware, we are enabling customers to operate their SAP HANA-based mission-critical applications in virtual environments with confidence and to accelerate their journey to software-defined data centers and ultimately to the cloud."
"Our customers are evolving their IT infrastructures from physical environments to a software-defined data center architecture and they are looking for solutions that provide agility, high availability, elasticity, efficiency and control for their most mission-critical and demanding in-production enterprise environments," said Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware. "The SAP and VMware partnership is truly transformative. We are delighted to further extend that partnership and answer those customer needs by certifying SAP HANA for production use on VMware vSphere 5.5.""AMG-Mercedes is now live in production with SAP HANA and VMware vSphere 5.5 with a 1TB memory configuration, accelerating our move to a software-defined data center," said Reinhard Breyer, CIO, AMG. "We believe virtualized SAP HANA with VMware vSphere could be the key to our future, as we move to cut operational costs and simplify our data center operations." "SAP HANA on VMware vSphere is in production at EMC to run our next-generation SAP ERP system, and it is delivering tremendous value to our company," said Bill Reid, senior director, IT, EMC. "We have increased capacity of SAP HANA five times without growing headcount, are experiencing 99.9 percent uptime, can deploy new SAP HANA instances in minutes and are realizing significant OPEX and CAPEX reductions." SAP HANA support of VMware vSphere 5.5's virtualized environment will help further simplify and streamline data center operation for customers implementing a data center virtualization strategy. It will also accelerate provisioning of new SAP HANA instances for production use. SAP HANA customers can benefit from increased infrastructure utilization, agility and productivity with the combined solution.
- SAP HANA on vSphere has been released to customers on certified SAP HANA appliances or on SAP HANA tailored data center integration application-verified hardware.
- Up to 1TB and 32 physical cores (64 virtual cores) per VMware vSphere instance are supported
- SAP HANA supports VMware vSphere capabilities for management of customer system landscape, including vMotion®, Distributed Resource Scheduler™ (DRS) and VMware High Availability (HA)
- Additional deployment best-practices and consideration are available via the SAP Notes tool and www.saphana.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV