PHILADELPHIA, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier is proud to salute the often unsung work of nurses everywhere with multiple activities, including the annual 'Superheroes of Nursing' contest
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, in honor of National Nurses Week ( May 6-12), has organized several campaigns, opened access to top-cited nursing research and written about the status and future of the nursing profession.
A centrepiece of Elsevier's activities celebrating National Nurses Week 2014 - and International Nurses Day on May 12, with the theme of "A Force for Change, A Vital Resource for Health" - is a special new video, " Here's to Nurses."In today's health care system, nurses increasingly are counted on to know more, obtain more professional qualifications, publish peer-reviewed research and be responsible for more care coordination of their patients than ever before. At the same time, the supply of nurses and nurse educators remains tight. Now more than ever, we must support the women and men who decide to work in this highly valued profession. "We at Elsevier spend a great deal of time and effort helping nurses become educated for their careers, stay current with the latest continuing education, and practice their profession supported by high-quality content and electronic workflow tools," said Jay Katzen, President, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "We are proud to show our support for the people and the profession that increasingly is becoming the lynchpin of health care systems across the world." Other Elsevier activities for National Nurses Week 2014 include:
- Recognizing the scores of nurses who work at Elsevier with a story on Elsevier Connect that talks about the industry challenges and looks to the future.
- Making available for free the top-cited articles of all time from each of more than 30 nursing journals during National Nurses Week. The list of these free articles can be accessed from NursingPlus.
- Highlighting nurses and the importance of supporting them with the best possible clinical and research information in a blog on The Huffington Post written by Olivier Dumon, Managing Director for Elsevier's Academic & Government Research Markets Group.
- Kicking off Elsevier's annual "Superheroes of Nursing" campaign, in which anyone, including peers, can nominate nurses for outstanding service. Nominations are accepted at ElsevierHeroes.com. Elsevier will announce the four winners via Facebook in September, and will honor the winners at the ANCC National Magnet Conference, Oct. 8-10 in Dallas.
- Releasing a report on a national nurse executive survey and forum conducted by The Center for Transdisciplinary Evidence-Based Practice and The Ohio State University School of Nursing, in association with Elsevier. The report, "Leveraging Evidence-Based Practice to Enhance Healthcare Quality, Reliability, Patient Outcomes and Cost Containment," was part of an Elsevier Innovation Seed Fund idea submitted by Kathy Wyngarden, MSN, RN, FNP, Manager for Elsevier CPM Consortium.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV