- First Ericsson managed services deal with public utility in the United States - milestone in strategic growth area
- Network used for internal dispatch of Con Edison technicians serving more than 3.3 million electric and 1.1 million gas customers in New York City and Westchester County
- 6 year agreement will help Con Edison enhance its internal network and improve operational efficiencies
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC) has been selected by Consolidated Edison Company of New York (Con Edison) to provide managed services for its private Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN). Con Edison is a regulated utility providing electric, gas, and steam service in New York City and Westchester County, New York. The iDEN network is used for internal dispatch of Con Edison technicians serving more than 3.3 million electric and 1.1 million gas customers. This is Ericsson's first managed services deal with a public utility in the United States.
Ericsson will service 24 cell sites and one core network for Con Edison. Services include performance reporting, network monitoring, front and back office handling, field operations and third-party product management. Ericsson has been performing monitoring and maintenance for Con Edison since September 2009.
Wendell Little, IT Communications Operations Department Manager, Con Edison says: "Ericsson is the leader in network connectivity and it only made sense to utilize their services to help us enhance our internal network. We look forward to working with Ericsson as we continue to serve customers in New York City and Westchester County."Con Edison is a subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. - one of the US' largest investor-owned energy companies. Jean-Claude Geha, Head of Managed Services, Ericsson says: "There is enormous potential in public utility for connectivity to enhance services and customer relations. Con Edison is the first managed service public utility customer for Ericsson in the United States and marks a strategic win for Ericsson."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts