(NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced the general availability of Splunk® Enterprise 6.1, the latest version of the award-winning platform for machine data available as software or as a cloud service. Splunk Enterprise 6.1 delivers enhanced interactive analytics, continuous availability of mission-critical machine data and extends operational intelligence to every user in the organization.
Watch the Splunk Enterprise video
to learn more about what’s new and
download Splunk Enterprise 6.1
“Splunk Enterprise 6.1 adds important new capabilities for supporting high availability of mission-critical machine data analytics, embedding operational insights into other business applications and enabling powerful interactive data visualization and exploration,” said Guido Schroeder, senior vice president of products, Splunk. “Splunk’s clustering supports deployments that span multiple sites, an important requirement for globally operating enterprises, and we have further expanded our interactive visualization and information delivery features to provide machine data insights to broader audiences.”
“Delivering world class IT services and responding to the needs of the business requires putting the right data in the right hands at the right time. Whether it’s serving as an IT first responder or the CIO, Splunk Enterprise 6.1 looks to accomplish this feat with a wide variety of new capabilities,” said Michael Coté, research director of Infrastructure Software, 451 Research. “Splunk is aiming high with the new release delivering resiliency with multi-site clustering, enabling access to mainframe data, more contextual alerting mechanisms and embeddable reports into business apps like Salesforce and Microsoft® SharePoint.”
Key features and updates in Splunk Enterprise 6.1 include:
Enabling the Mission-critical Enterprise
Embedding Operational Intelligence
- Multi-site Clustering: Delivers continuous availability for Splunk Enterprise deployments that span multiple sites, countries or continents by replicating raw and indexed data in a clustered configuration.
- Search Affinity: Provides a performance increase when using multi-site clustering by routing search and analytics requests to the nearest cluster, increasing performance and decreasing network usage.
- zLinux Forwarder: Allows for application and platform data from IBM mainframes to be easily collected and indexed by Splunk Enterprise.
- Data Preview with Structured Inputs: Enables previewing of massive data files to verify alignment of fields and headers before indexing to improve data quality and the time it takes to discover critical insights.
Delivering Enhanced Interactive Analytics
- Embedded Reports: Enable any Splunk report or table to be embedded in third-party business applications such as salesforce.com, WordPress, Wiki, Microsoft® SharePoint and more.
- Custom Alerts: Deliver alerts with embedded machine data context, thereby reducing mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) and providing the ability to customize alert templates.
Customers Depend on Splunk Enterprise
- Enhanced Dashboard Editor: Build advanced dashboards through the UI and without requiring advanced XML coding.
- Chart Overlay: Improves data analysis by providing the ability to overlay one chart on top of another.
- Contextual Drilldown: Enables more detailed insights when clicking on a dashboard panel without leaving the context of the dashboard itself.
- Pan-and-Zoom Controls: Enables more focused analytics by enabling a range of interest on a chart and zoom in for deeper analysis.
Splunk customers praise multi-site clustering, custom alerts and the enhanced analytics features as key developments in Splunk Enterprise 6.1: