- Reported net sales for the first quarter totaled $770 million, an increase of 6% from $728 million in the first quarter of 2013. Excluding the impact of foreign currency, local currency sales increased 7%. As expected, our January 15 th acquisition of Aromor contributed approximately 1% of growth to the sales increase.
- Net income totaled $106.7 million, or $1.30 per diluted share, for the first quarter, compared with net income of $90.7 million, or $1.10 per diluted share, in the prior year first quarter.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the impact of restructuring and operational improvement initiative costs from the current year quarter, and a Spanish tax charge and other items impacting comparability from the prior year quarter. Adjusted EPS increased 11% to $1.32 per diluted share in the first quarter, up from an adjusted $1.19 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2013.
IFF Reports First Quarter 2014 Local Currency Sales Growth Of 7% And Adjusted EPS Increase Of 11% To $1.32 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.