Travelers (NYSE: TRV) today announced it has been named to the Military Times EDGE “Best for Vets” list in recognition of its military-friendly hiring practices, benefits, training opportunities and corporate culture. The ranking is based on an annual survey focusing on an employer’s commitment to hire and retain veterans.
“We are honored and proud to be recognized as a military-friendly company,” said John Clifford, Executive Vice President of Human Resources at Travelers. “Travelers actively recruits veterans and transitioning personnel for openings with our company. Individuals with military experience have demonstrated their ability to handle challenging situations, and bring many strong attributes to our organization. These qualities, along with a strong work ethic, have proven to be a successful combination for our business and our culture.”
Travelers supports military personnel through a variety of outreach and transition programs:
- Since 2011, Travelers and its employees have been active participants in the mentorship program led by American Corporate Partners, a group dedicated to helping veterans transition from the armed forces to the civilian workforce.
- Travelers works with organizations such as Academy Women, which support and enable women from the nation’s officer development programs to reach their full potential as leaders, and the Service Academy Career Conference, a job fair for graduates of U.S. military academies.
- In 2013, Travelers launched a Military and Veterans network, an internal employee resource group that has grown to nearly 1,000 members in just one year.
Travelers is actively recruiting transitioning junior military officers, service personal, military spouses, and others with a military background for a variety of career opportunities. To learn more about Travelers’ military-friendly practices or to search for a career opportunity, go to www.travelers.com/Careers4Military.About Travelers The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $26 billion in 2013. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV