The weirdness at the East LA Sears starts, however, right as you make your approach and enter the building. Some of this is simply charming. But some of it also smacks of missed opportunity, a lack of creativity and pure apathy and neglect.
Through the entrance down a long hallway full of randomness, ranging from Sears Optical to grills oddly placed in the now-closed "Portrait Studio" and a "clearance" sale.This room, like the ones above, is off of the hallway that separates the entrance from the escalators to the main floor of Sears. And it must be the loneliest room in all of retail. Who would go in there? This strange, dark, nondescript box in a soulless, barely populated corridor with mattresses spread across the floor. Hardly inviting. Just plain weird. I'd almost feel unsafe in there. Follow @mynameisrocco --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV