- Increased total daily oil production by 30 percent versus 2013 and 8 percent quarter-over-quarter
- Increased total daily equivalent production by 16 percent versus 2013 and 5 percent quarter-over-quarter
- Achieved 23 percent quarter-over-quarter growth in Permian daily equivalent production
- Successfully advanced Delaware Basin horizontal well program, doubling net project inventory
- Reaffirms 2014 capital, volume and expense guidance
HOUSTON, May 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rosetta Resources Inc. (Nasdaq:ROSE) ("Rosetta" or the "Company") today reported first quarter 2014 net income of $35.2 million, or $0.57 per diluted share, versus net income of $53.5 million, or $1.01 per diluted share, for the same period in 2013. Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) for the quarter was $45.6 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, excluding an after-tax unrealized loss on derivatives of $10.1 million, versus adjusted net income of $62.5 million, or $1.18 per diluted share in 2013. The decrease in adjusted net income was primarily due to higher operating costs offset by higher production and realized prices. A summary of the adjustments made to calculate adjusted net income is included in the attached "Non-GAAP Reconciliation Disclosure" table.
"Rosetta is off to a great start in 2014 continuing our trend of production growth. Our first quarter results are in line with our expectations and we are on track to deliver on our annual targets," said Jim Craddock, Rosetta's Chairman, CEO and President. "Rosetta made significant progress in the advancement of our Delaware Basin horizontal program as we doubled our inventory of net well locations. Also, during the quarter, our Eagle Ford program was a key driver of our operational success. As the year progresses, we will maintain our focus on program execution and evaluation of various long-term growth catalysts in our core areas."
2014 First Quarter ResultsProduction for the quarter averaged a record 54 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day ("MBoe/d"), an increase of 16 percent from the same period in 2013 and 5 percent from the prior quarter. The increase for both periods was attributable to production growth from the Company's Eagle Ford and Permian Basin assets. Oil production in the first quarter averaged 16 thousand barrels ("MBbls") per day, an increase of 30 percent from 2013. Natural gas liquids ("NGLs") daily production also increased by 12 percent compared to the prior year first quarter. Rosetta began the quarter averaging 51 MBoe/d in January. Production in February averaged 55 MBoe/d and the Company ended the quarter producing an average of 57 MBoe/d in March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV