Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. (NYSE:INN) (the “Company”) today announced that Mr. Paul Ruiz has been appointed Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer. Mr. Ruiz will succeed Mr. Troy Hester in the role from which he retired in April 2014.
Mr. Ruiz brings over 25 years of executive, financial, accounting and operational experience to the Company. Mr. Ruiz has expertise in finance, accounting, business strategy, organizational operations, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring activities, and business transformations.
Prior to joining the Company, Ruiz served in senior executive roles for companies in a variety of industries, including real estate and technology. Recently, Mr. Ruiz was the Director of Global Corporate Accounting at Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., (NYSE: FSL), a global leader in semiconductors. He began his career with PricewaterhouseCoopers, where he was an audit manager providing audit and business advisory services to entrepreneurial, rapidly growing and Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Ruiz graduated with highest honors from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and earned his Masters in Business Administration from Baylor University. He is a Certified Public Accountant.About Summit Hotel Properties Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. is a publicly-traded real estate investment trust focused primarily on acquiring and owning premium-branded, select-service hotels in the upscale and upper midscale segments of the lodging industry. As of May 5, 2014, the Company’s portfolio consisted of 90 hotels with a total of 11,353 guestrooms located in 22 states. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website, www.shpreit.com and follow on Twitter at @SummitHotel_INN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV