Pfizer reported revenue fell 9% year over year to $11.35 billion, which came up $730 million short of analysts' estimates, according to Reuters. The largest U.S. drugmaker earned $2.33 billion, or 36 cents a share, down from $2.75 billion, or 38 cents a share, in the same period one year earlier, which factored in gains from product rights transfers.
Pfizer reported earnings of 57 cents a share, excluding items. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S expected 55 cents a share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The company expects adjusted earnings for the full-year 2014 of $2.20 to $2.30 per share. Pfizer is continuing its takeover pursuit of rival AstraZeneca AZN with a $106 billion bid. The stock closed down 2.57%, or 79 cents, to $29.96 on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV