By late afternoon, shares had dropped 4% to $7.32.
In a statement, the company said it would sell $45 million worth of common stock and aggregate gross proceeds of $125 million in its convertible series B share offering.
- IRDM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.11, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.14 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently very high, coming in at 71.09%. Regardless of IRDM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, IRDM's net profit margin of 15.86% compares favorably to the industry average.
- IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC's earnings per share declined by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC reported lower earnings of $0.72 versus $0.82 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.78 versus $0.72).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IRDM Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts