SEATTLE, May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines and Pronto! Emerald City Cycle Share unveiled the bicycle branding today at the South Lake Union Discovery Center in preparation for the September 2014 launch of Seattle's first bike share program.
The announcement was made by Pronto! Emerald City Cycle Share executive director Holly Houser, Alaska Airlines CEO Brad Tilden and Seattle Mayor Ed Murray.
"For several years, dedicated bike share supporters have been pulling together the pieces of this program, including funding, local partnerships, hardware and the technology," Houser said. "The presenting sponsorship by Alaska Airlines and passionate support from Mayor Murray put bike share across the finish line and guaranteed that we will put 500 bikes on the street in September 2014."
Alaska Airlines contributed $2.5 million over five years to support the bike share program. As a presenting sponsor, Alaska Airlines' logo will appear on the first 500 bicycles and on marketing materials sent to bike share users.Annual and short term daily and 72 hour memberships for Pronto! Emerald City Cycle Share will go on sale on Aug. 25 at ProntoCycleShare.com. "Alaska Airlines is proud to help people get out of their cars and enjoy what our great city has to offer in a more personal and healthy way," Tilden said. "Pronto bicycles will give folks who live here and those who are visiting from somewhere else wheels when they want them."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV