NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rite Aid (RAD - Get Report) announced that it had appointed Matt Lynch to its executive team as senior vice president and chief information officer. Lynch has nearly 30 years' experience as an information technology executive.
As CIO and SVP, Lynch will be responsible for the drugstore chain's technology and information operations, including computer systems, networks and data security.
Lynch's most recent position was as SVP and CIO for Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS).
- RAD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- RITE AID CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RITE AID CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.22 versus $0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus $0.22).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RAD's share price has jumped by 198.44%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The gross profit margin for RITE AID CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.13%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.83% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $194.13 million or 11.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, RITE AID CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RAD Ratings Report