Zoe's Kitchen (ZOES), which opened for trading in mid-April, is selling off Tuesday. He called the stock "expensive versus the group" of similar restaurant stocks.
On the other hand, shares of TriNet Group (TNET) are doing well, as they should, he said. The company is "very profitable," Cramer explained. Because of its profitability, analysts such as JPMorgan, Stifel Nicolaus and Morgan Stanley, among others, all recommend the stock.
While many investors shifted toward growth and away from profitability in 2013, he argued that earnings per share will always be a meaningful and important metric in finance.Right now, investors are looking for profitability, not the potential for profitability, he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV