NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army awarded Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) a $80.6 million production contract for the Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) on the AH-64 Apache helicopter.
This Lot 9 contract includes production of eight targeting and pilotage systems and spares for the U.S. Army and nine systems for the Indonesian Army. Indonesia is the 13 th international customer to purchase the M-TADS/PNVS system. The contract extends production in Orlando and Ocala, Fla., through July 2016.
"This production lot directly supports the AH-64E production line," said Lt. Col. Steven Van Riper, U.S. Army Apache Sensors Product Manager. "Being able to 'bundle' our procurement with one of our Foreign Military Sales partners increases our buying power."
"The M-TADS/PNVS system is helping save lives of our U.S. and allied troops by giving Apache pilots the ability to engage targets accurately, and by improving situational awareness," said Matt Hoffman, M-TADS/PNVS program director at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control.Fielded in 2005, M-TADS/PNVS provides Apache pilots with long-range, precision engagement and pilotage capabilities for safe flight during day, night and adverse weather missions. Lockheed Martin has delivered more than 1,200 M-TADS/PNVS systems and spares to the U.S. Army and international customers. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 113,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2013 were $45.4 billion. For additional information, visit our website: http://www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV