This week, generationOn, the youth enterprise of Points of Light, and branded play company Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) will honor six inspiring young people as Hasbro Community Action Heroes for their extraordinary achievements in community service. The six young service leaders, who have created unique ways to address challenging issues in their local and global communities, will receive their awards during the annual generationOn Benefit on May 8, 2014, at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City.
“As we celebrate the fifth anniversary of this award, we are thrilled to recognize these young change-makers who are creating real and lasting improvements to our world,” said Brian Goldner, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hasbro, Inc. “Young people have an amazing capacity to identify what needs to be done, and to make a difference and Hasbro is proud to celebrate their accomplishments.”
Hasbro, which is one of generationOn’s founding partners, has a long and proud tradition of empowering childhood worldwide through a variety of philanthropic programs. Together, Hasbro and generationOn selected the six new Hasbro Community Action Heroes, ages 5 to 17, from more than 400 nominations submitted on behalf of young people across the nation. Each Hero will receive a $1,000 educational scholarship in addition to the trip to New York City.
GenerationOn believes that young people have the ability to transform themselves, their communities and the world through service. “The actions of these awardees are a strong example of the power of youth to effect change, and they are an inspiration to all of us,” explains Daniel Horgan, Executive Director of generationOn. “For five years now, the Hasbro Community Action Hero awards recognize young people who are serving as leaders, advocating for important issues, inspiring others to become equally engaged and making their mark on the world through service.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV