LAS VEGAS, May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC World 2014
- ViPR 2.0 enables customers implementing next-generation applications and Big Data analytics to explore new approaches to their storage infrastructure.
- ViPR 2.0 now supports block storage alongside previously supported object and HDFS. All now run against commodity drives.
- ViPR 2.0 now supports cloud-scale capabilities of geo-replication and distribution.
- ViPR 2.0 enables customers to automate the management of both traditional (file, block) and new (object, HDFS) storage infrastructures in a consistent way. This capability improves data center reliability, lowers cost and provides IT with an easily accessible bridge to the 3 rd Platform of IT.
- ViPR 2.0 now supports many additional third-party storage arrays through OpenStack.
CONNECT WITH US AT EMC WORLD:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2014 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit http://www.emcworld.com/virtual
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, and @EMCCloud, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with 'EMC World'
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
FULL STORY:Today at EMC World 2014, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced ViPR 2.0 — a Software-Defined Storage platform that dramatically simplifies the management of both existing and new storage infrastructure, and provides new data services to underpin next-generation applications and Big Data analytics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV