NORTHFIELD, Ill., May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Harnessing the power of the peanut is a life-changing experience and peanut fans are about to be transformed once again by the formidable, nutritious legume. Planters, America's leading snack nut brand, and the iconic Mr. Peanut, have introduced four new powerfully delicious peanut flavors including salty-sweet Salted Caramel, indulgent Cocoa, fiery Chipotle and the rugged Smoked.
Planters, known for its more than 100-year-old peanut history, tapped both culinary trends and fan feedback to develop the new sweet and savory varieties that will entertain taste buds while delivering six to seven grams of protein and at least four essential nutrients per serving.
"These delicious flavors are unlike anything Planters has developed for peanuts before," said Peter Cotter, brand manager for Planters. "While the new six-ounce containers are the perfect size for sharing, we won't judge snackers for wanting to keep them in their own snack drawers."
The new peanut flavors will be supported by an integrated marketing effort that builds on the successful "Power of the Peanut" campaign in which Mr. Peanut reaffirms the nutritional, wholesome benefits of the peanut and offers his fans "four new ways to harness the power of the peanut." In two new TV spots, Mr. Peanut introduces hilarious, real-life situations to showcase how choosing the right peanut flavor can lead to success in any situation. Salted Caramel peanuts help a young business woman confidently prevail in a debate with coworkers, while Cocoa peanuts give a man the courage to indulge in a pedicure with pride.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV