Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has been recognized with a Bronze Edison Award for the HC1 headset computer. The HC1 is the first in a new class of Motorola hands-free enterprise mobile computers that leverages advanced voice recognition, head gestures and video streaming to enable users to access and navigate business-critical documents and applications.
The Edison Awards symbolize the persistence and excellence personified by Thomas Edison, while also strengthening the human drive for innovation, creativity and ingenuity. The awards were presented at the Edison Awards & Gala held on April 30, 2014 in San Francisco.
- The HC1 can be used in harsh environments and most remote locations where access to complex graphical data or text is needed and using a laptop or handheld device is impractical without obstructing vision.
- Designed for field services and the defense, utilities, telecommunications, aerospace and aviation markets, the HC1 can be used for maintenance, repair, operations/overhaul (MRO) and training and simulation applications that improve inspection time and accuracy, reduce labor rates and increase safety.
- It leverages innovative technologies such as a micro-display equivalent to that of a virtual 15-inch screen, advanced voice recognition, head gesture controls and video streaming to navigate applications that access and view business-critical documents and schematics.
SUPPORTING QUOTETom Bianculli, senior director of Emerging Business, Motorola Solutions “The Motorola Solutions HC1 headset computer, recognized with the Bronze 2014 Edison Award, represents a paradigm shift in wearable computing. We have seen devices migrate from textual to graphical and now to natural user interfaces. Utilizing gestures, speech recognition and a blending of the digital and physical worlds, the HC1 quickly and simply provides end users with access to the right information at the right time in a wearable, hands-free form factor.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV