Travelers (NYSE: TRV) today announced it has been selected as one of DiversityInc magazine’s 25 Noteworthy Companies. This is the second consecutive year Travelers has been recognized for its diversity and inclusion efforts, and was selected from more than 1,000 participating companies. Recognition is based on an annual survey by DiversityInc that measures CEO commitment, human capital, corporate and organizational communications and supplier diversity.
“We strive to incorporate diversity into everything we do at Travelers, and we are honored to be recognized by DiversityInc for our continued efforts,” said Joelle Murchison, Vice President of Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion at Travelers. “A commitment to diversity and inclusion is imperative to our corporate culture, the success of our business and is part of what makes Travelers a great place to work. It is an effort that is promoted and supported throughout all levels of our organization.”
Diversity takes shape in many different ways at Travelers, including:
- Partnering with diverse professional organizations including INROADS, The POSSE Foundation, the National Black MBA Association and the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting.
- Launching employee-led diversity networks focused on the attraction, retention and development of all Travelers employees, many of whom are engaged by the company’s leaders to influence business strategy. More than 5,000 employees have joined at least one of the Diversity Networks to date, more than double what most employers see according to a study conducted by Mercer on employee resource groups.
- Supporting the company’s signature education program, Travelers EDGE: Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment. EDGE is designed to increase the number of underrepresented individuals who complete a bachelor's degree and are prepared for a career at Travelers or within the Insurance and Financial Services industry. The program was lauded by the Pell Institute as a “model” on the “cutting edge of college access and success support.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV