Lagging In Post-Market Activity: SINA (SINA)
- SINA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $246.3 million.
- SINA is down 4.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SINA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SINA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SINA: SINA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an online media company in the People's Republic of China. SINA has a PE ratio of 102.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate SINA a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for SINA has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SINA has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 2.28 and a short float of 6.9% with 0.62 days to cover. Shares are down 42.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SINA as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has experienced relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SINA CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SINA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.59 versus $0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.48 versus $0.59).
- SINA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.67 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 6.28 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SINA CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- You can view the full SINA Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.