Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as individual investors, today announced that the annual meeting of shareholders of each Nuveen closed-end fund listed below has been scheduled for Tuesday, August 5, 2014, and Friday, September 19, 2014, as detailed below.
Because each fund has moved the date of its meeting by more than 30 days from the date of last year’s annual meeting of shareholders, the deadlines for submissions of shareholder proposals relating to their respective meeting have changed from the dates specified in last year’s proxy statement.
To be considered for presentation at the meeting, shareholder proposals submitted pursuant to Rule 14a-8 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the “1934 Act”) must be received at the offices of the applicable fund, 333 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606, no later than May 12, 2014.
A shareholder wishing to provide notice in the manner prescribed by Rule 14a-4(c)(1) under the 1934 Act of a proposal submitted outside of the process of Rule 14a-8 for the meeting must, pursuant to the fund’s By-Laws, submit such written notice to the applicable fund no later than June 21, 2014, except as follows:
- with respect to Nuveen Equity Premium Advantage Fund (JLA), Nuveen Equity Premium Income Fund (JPZ) and Nuveen Equity Premium Opportunity Fund (JSN), written notice must be submitted no later than August 5, 2014; and
- with respect to Dow 30SM Premium & Dividend Income Fund Inc. (DPD), Dow 30SM Enhanced Premium & Income Fund Inc. (DPO) and NASDAQ Premium Income & Growth Fund Inc. (QQQX) written notice must be submitted no later than May 22, 2014.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts